2012年3月29日星期四

bcp.exe installation

(This was originally in the sqlserver.programming group but I moved it to a
more appropriate place)
I'm using the bcp utility to create a text file from a view. The text file
is used by a 3rd party program for other processing.
bcp installs on the server machine with sql 2k (or in my case MSDE) just
fine but of course it's not automatically on any of the client machines. But
that's where I need it because those are the users that create and make use
of this text file.
My qustion is how to install bcp on the client machines without installing
MSDE. I thought it would work to just copy the file to an appropriate
location but apparently it needs to be installed. How do I go about that?
Thanks,
Keith
Never mind. I found a very nice inexpensive 3rd party control for use with
Delphi that will export datasources to all sorts of output formats. This is
a better solution since now I have no need at all for bcp.
Keith

没有评论:

发表评论