2012年3月27日星期二

BCP Utility with null values

Hi all,
I am using BCP to output from a table that has some empty values into a
flat file. I noticed that when I try to use BCP to upload the flat
file into an exact replica of the table in another server I get an
error due to restrictions on that table that does not allow null
values. I think what is happening is that BCP convert empty values
into null during the output process and when trying to upload the value
I get the error.
Is there a way to go around the fact that BCP is converting empty
values to NULL or should I be using a different process to upload the
data from one server into another. Also, I don't have the option to
connect to the remote server from any of them hence the reason why I am
using BCP.
Thank you very much.
Ron.Hi Ron
What options are you specifying on the BCP command? This should be ok and
you should not get conversions.
John
"Ron" wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am using BCP to output from a table that has some empty values into a
> flat file. I noticed that when I try to use BCP to upload the flat
> file into an exact replica of the table in another server I get an
> error due to restrictions on that table that does not allow null
> values. I think what is happening is that BCP convert empty values
> into null during the output process and when trying to upload the value
> I get the error.
> Is there a way to go around the fact that BCP is converting empty
> values to NULL or should I be using a different process to upload the
> data from one server into another. Also, I don't have the option to
> connect to the remote server from any of them hence the reason why I am
> using BCP.
> Thank you very much.
> Ron.
>

没有评论:

发表评论