2012年3月29日星期四

bcp -x and "Invalid Field index."

Hey, I am using bcp to try to create my xml file formate off from a table
that has about 477 fields. I am getting the following error:
F:\f\COFS>bcp cofsETL.dbo.FNIApplication format nul -T -c -x -f
FNIApplication_X
MLFormatFile.xml
SQLState = HY000, NativeError = 0
Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client]Format File : Invalid Field index.
When I remove the -x to create the non xml file format no issues arise.
Idea's? I have not been able to find anything on web about this.
bcp Yea, you know me. (bcp Yea, you know me.@.discussions.microsoft.com)
writes:
> Hey, I am using bcp to try to create my xml file formate off from a table
> that has about 477 fields. I am getting the following error:
> F:\f\COFS>bcp cofsETL.dbo.FNIApplication format nul -T -c -x -f
> FNIApplication_X
> MLFormatFile.xml
> SQLState = HY000, NativeError = 0
> Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client]Format File : Invalid Field index.
>
> When I remove the -x to create the non xml file format no issues arise.
> Idea's? I have not been able to find anything on web about this.
Sounds like a bug to me. I suggest that you file one on
http://connect.microsoft.com
Personally, I have not been able to whip up any enthusiams over the XML
format file. I have not been able to find that it buys me anything that
the old format does not. (Which, true, is fairly obscure. But I know
it by now.)
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@.sommarskog.se
Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx

没有评论:

发表评论