2012年3月29日星期四

BCP/DTS/cmdshell problem

Hi
Using 2000
I am writing a .cmd file for Bulk copying data(about 25 tables of 1 million
rows each). I need your help and advice on this
1)is dts faster than BCP converting to flatfiles and again copying to
destination tables.
2) if we write cmdshell and use BCP in that instead of directly using in
.cmd file, will performance be slower. I am new to .cmd so controlling and
error handling will be easier if I write in a sp which uses cmd shell to
extract bcp
3. any resource on writing .cmd files using osql and bcp( templates etc). I
googled but no use.
--
Thanks
DevaHi deva
I think you will get a better answer if you try the DTS discussion forum
"DEva" wrote:

> Hi
> Using 2000
> I am writing a .cmd file for Bulk copying data(about 25 tables of 1 millio
n
> rows each). I need your help and advice on this
> 1)is dts faster than BCP converting to flatfiles and again copying to
> destination tables.
> 2) if we write cmdshell and use BCP in that instead of directly using in
> .cmd file, will performance be slower. I am new to .cmd so controlling and
> error handling will be easier if I write in a sp which uses cmd shell to
> extract bcp
> 3. any resource on writing .cmd files using osql and bcp( templates etc).
I
> googled but no use.
> --
> Thanks
> Deva

没有评论:

发表评论