2012年3月29日星期四

bcp_bind

Hi experts,
I created a program loading data from diferent sources to SQL Server
database by using bcp_... bulk copy functions with some variables.(not from a
file)
My problem is: Now, a table, "Person", has 10 columns. I bound 10 variables
to the 10 columns, and load data is fine. But if in the future the table
needs increase 1 column to 11 columns and run the existing program, it will
get the error "HY000--
Not enough columns bound.". That means "bcp_bind" function has to bind to
all the columns of the table. otherwise the binding will fail. If load data
from a file, I can use "bcp_columns" function to specify column number. But I
insert data from variables, how can I bind to only partial columns of a table?
Thank you.
MCH
I have the same question. Did you figure our how to do so?
Thank you very much
Yev
EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com
|||always bind to a view of a table, not directly to a table, so you can control
the columns you want to bind.
MCH
"Yevheniy" wrote:

> I have the same question. Did you figure our how to do so?
> Thank you very much
> Yev
> EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com
>
sql

没有评论:

发表评论